Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TMI Tuesday: Nostalgiarama

Doing this TMI Tuesday thing for want of something to do to get my brain working.



1. What ’80s or ’90s fashion did you love but would be embarrassed to wear today, even if it came back in style?



I didn't follow fashion - in fact, I often tried to subvert it. So I'm not legally obliged to answer this question. I guess I wouldn't wear a shell suit though, not even to deliberately look uncool.





2. What current fashion do you wear and love? Or What current fashion do you wear but probably shouldn’t?



See above for that. I tend to generally wear stuff I feel comfortable in, devil may care what it makes me look like. I always think I look okay if I'm OK with what I'm wearing really. Shoes being the exception, since I have a deep-seated affection for Converse All-Stars.





3. What was your favourite toy as a kid?



I loved anything I could construct adventure stories with. My Polydrons had many adventures, with characters and locations I constructed for them. I also used to magpie things from promotions, like the Smartians from Smarties and the Orangey Tangs from Jaffa Cakes. (Both are still on my shelf!) The Tangs never got much action, despite having my dad placing them around the Jaffa Cakes, and making a short film with them - but the Smartians had a series of incredible adventures, and who knows, they may even make a comeback.





4. What is your favourite “toy” today?




Depends what you class as a toy. Being a geek, I like my gadgets that don't do much except beep and blink, although 47 is more the expert in that sort of thing. I'm deeply in lust with my BlackBerry, so much so that I brought it back to life using mystical powers, because it helps me stay in communication on the go. I also consider the Internet something that I communicate with; is it too big to consider a toy? Or perhaps my guitar?

I've also got an affection for my iPod, now that my netbook (which is also a toy I love) doesn't play music any more.





5. Did you ever own a Sony Walkman? A boombox?



I owned a Walkman, although I'm not sure if it was branded. I've also owned a dictaphone that uses cassettes, several Discmans (Discmen?), and two iPods. I also once owned an MP3 player with space for about 12 songs on it. I never had minidiscs, though. I always considered them a bit of a white elephant - plus, I was poor and couldn't afford an MD player/recorder.





6. What’s the most played song on your MP3 player?




Uhm, it's difficult to answer this because my current iPod is relatively new and there are only a few artists on it. When there are more artists, it's the song that I don't skip, whatever that may be. At the moment I'm pretty certain it's Lily The Pink. In fact, that's the song that's playing as I type this full stop.





7. Who was your best friend in primary school?



Robinson. Since I was 4. He's still a close friend now.





8. Who is your best friend now?



47. I'm not sure why, but he's a good friend because he seems to be one of the very few people in the world who truly "gets" me. Not sure how he does that, either.





9. Who was your favourite musical group in your early teens (age 13/14)? Post a photo.



Blink182.





10. Who is your favourite musical group now? Post a link to a song of theirs that you like.



Automatically I say James. Which is the truth. Although, seeing as I've typed this whole entry listening to The Scaffold, I'll give them an honourable mention, as I think that musically they're my greatest influence. I think my music sounds a bit like a mix between James and The Scaffold for this reason...



Anyway, here's Waltzing Along, my favourite song ever, by... James.





Bonus: What do you think is the secret to a good life?



An inbuilt love of words and music combining together to form lexical genius and sonorous goodness. Oh, and lots of hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment