Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's All About Me

More bandwagon whoring as I attempt to make TMI Tuesday interesting. Also in order to find something to do to take my mind off the fact that I have nothing to do.



Here goes.



1. When you go to a party, would you rather show up accidentally underdressed or overdressed?



Either in costume, but that's more the domain of the gay sailors / builders / Americans / cowboys, or just wearing the stuff I'm wearing anyway, which is casual enough to pass for party clothes. So underdressed, I guess. 47 would go in a suit though, because he always wears suits.





2. What is something you have won and how did you win it? (Inspired by cutieloveheartgirl)



I've not won many things, but I did win a BBC competition once. The competition, which our school cunningly disguised as English homework, had us writing about things which were important to us. Everyone else wrote about issues, like global warming and arranged marriages. I wrote about myself and won. Go figure. The prize, incidentally, was the chance to produce a radio programme about your issue - in which case, myself - and a shedload of talking books for your school.



My programme was a crazy, anarchic thing about me having a wild adventure in order to try and escape computers. I ended up being killed by one. It was... interesting. It was the best programme in the series though, there wasn't any complaining about my life in it. Interestingly, it also led to me and what passed for my band back in those days going back to the BBC to sing a song! My guitar playing was on the radio... how cool.





3. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the middle, end, or top?



Usually from the middle, but if there's a bit at the end I'll make sure it comes out, by rolling something like a glue stick across the tube so I can squeeze every last iota of paste out!





4. What is something your parents used to say to you that you promised yourself you would never say – but now you catch yourself saying frequently?



"That could have gone better." It's my mother's catchphrase, and I hate it. But I say it sometimes, which irritates me. Yes, I irritate myself!





5. What 3 lies did you regularly tell your parents? If applicable, what 3 lies do you tell your parents now?



I'm not the world's greatest liar. But I tend to fabricate things like the amount of jobs I've applied for, what I've been doing with my time, and where I meet my friends...



In the past, when I was sleeping with Alicia, I used to tell my parents I was spending the night with a (male) mate from work, who allegedly had all-night sleepover parties at his place. I wasn't. But he always seemed confused when I thanked him at work when he seemingly hadn't done anything!





6. What is something that you intended to do today but didn’t? Why not? Will you do it tomorrow?



Finish applying for a job that I started to apply for yesterday. And no, I probably won't. I'm not even sure I want it any more, plus I have an interview for something else anyway.





7. What is something that people do in traffic that really bothers you? (inspired by My Quest To Be A Good Girl)



Not indicate. I can't drive, but I'm taking lessons and it's ridiculous when people don't indicate! It's an implicit part of driving!





8. Whose autographs have you collected? (You can stop at five, in case you’re an autograph hound or celebrity stalker).



Tim Booth from James, Skreen from the Cuban Boys, Matt Lucas, Mark Lamarr, Mel Smith, Belle de Jour, author Robin Kingsland, and whatever bloke was in the Mickey Mouse costume at Disneyland.



I've met a lot more celebrities than I have collected autographs. I had a chat with Dominic Cooper on the set of An Education and I've worked with Michael Rosen. I've also met Paxman, Boris and half the cast of EastEnders when I went to see a musical on the 18th birthday. It was a première, so lots of celebrities were there. But I don't like EastEnders so I wasn't bothered.



I've also met nearly all of James. There's a photo of me somewhere hugging Saul Davies, their violinist and my idol.





Bonus: Where do you go to find solitude, tranquillity or connection to a higher power?



Into my head. Usually while listening to something pretty. I've currently got Carnival of the Animals on, which is working nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment