Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Packing

"Hello, Red Letter Days?"

"Hello there. I'm calling in relation to one of your, uh, "experiences" that I booked the other week."

"What's the problem?"

"Well... my name's not on the letter."

"You don't have the letter?"

"No, I've got the letter, it's just addressed to Douglas Hill."

"Who's Douglas Hill?"

"I don't know, but he's not me, and I'm wondering if the hotel will refuse to let me in if they're expecting the fictitious Douglas Hill."

"What's the reference number?"

"[24601]."

*tap, tap, taptaptap, tap*

"He's not listed here. What's your name?"

"[Innocent Loverboy]. I'm travelling with..."

"[Catharine]?"

"Yes."

"Which one are you?"

"Uhm..."

"These two names are the people who are staying, though?"

"Yes."

"That's who they're expecting. I don't know who Douglas Hill is, but it doesn't invalidate your letter."

"Oh... good."



The things I go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment