Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back in the game.

[Backdated.]

So, as you may have gleaned from that last post (unless you thought it was my overactive imagation splurging itself onto the Blogger update screen - now there's an image that shouldn't have have presented itself this early in the morning), I am back with TD. To be honest, it's pretty much like we were never off - but then again, I've never been on a break before, so I wasn't exactly sure how I was meant to respond. Of course, my first response was to curl up in the foetal position and rock backwards and forwards in floods of tears, but that's pretty much a knee-jerk reaction that takes into account exactly who I am and how I'm bound to act.

Anyway, last weekend she called. This was unexpected. But welcome. I went to see her, 4 days after I'd last seen her - once again, this was not unusual. I had news to tell her - mundane college-related and work-related stuff that I'd had happen to me since I'd last seen her. She had plans - big plans. Not quite as big as mine (as mine involved getting a job and moving out and learning to drive, et ceteri), but at least hers were actionable, which puts them ahead of mine already) - many of which involved going to Liverpool. So that's where we'll be next weekend (she'll be there for most of the week). Nice idea - shame it's in Liverpool. But never mind.

TD's mother, who is probably the closest to me in terms of mood and modus operandi - insofar as she can do conflict resolution, and only does conflict at a push - has been extremely kind to me. I've been more comfortable talking to her than I have to my own mother for - well - ever (my mother makes me nervous), but she has been very good to me, even to the point of taking me to her workplace to let me do a few hours ad-hoc to earn a bit of the valuable commodity which I am now lacking. Take note, this does mean I am still unemployed - but with cash coming in. Uhm - yeah, if that makes sense.

She also knows when to intervene, and when to give myself and TD space when we need it. As for our own relationship, it's fantastic - like it used to be. I've never had any doubts about that - whether we are lying on our fronts watching rented films on her laptop, on our backs reading Narnia books together, working on my CV (when I say 'working on', I actually mean 'having it completely redesigned by her'), or having sex doggy style on a futon in a room with the side-light on, it's not really how it used to be: it's how it should be.

And so I repeat: I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment