Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bare with me

The sheets on my bed have never been white before. I changed them about two days ago and the only sheets I could find were of this floral pattern, white on white. Appreciating the opportunity to indulge in a change from my usual red or black (I had a blue once... wonder what happened to it?), I covered sheets, duvet and pillows in white.

I like the effect the bright weather has on my white bed. It's right next to a window, and light spilling onto the bed makes it a pleasant place to lie. In the heat, the fact that you can open the window also makes the bed a good place to lie.

I usually sleep naked, because I'm too lazy to put my pyjamas on, and recently I've had to go through an odd ritual of putting some stuff on my feet. It's to help with the rough skin and unsightly growths, apparently. So I've started lying on top of the covers, putting cream on my feet, and then waiting for it to dry while reading a book or something, before retreating under the duvet and attempting to sleep. It's this time of limbo on top of, but not in, bed that I appreciate the most.

Being in bed is not something that I'm overly a fan of. If I have to catch a rest during the day, I'll do so on bed. And, were it not for the possibility of my dad coming in the room and seeing my naked body exposed to the world, I'd probably have slept on top of the bed for the past few nights as well.

My current desire is to be lying on top of the bed with somebody else while naked. That doesn't necessarily mean that we'd have to be having sex. Although that would be nice. In fact, I can't really remember the last time I had sex with someone on top of a bed. It must have happened, but sex with TD was, as far as I can recall, often under the covers. Which is a bit of a shame, because I think sex should be done with both bodies mostly exposed to the air... but anyway, I digress. I'll start this paragraph again.

It would be good to be lying in top of my nice white bed, windows open, sunlight on (although with white cloud so it's not too bright), cuddling someone while both naked. Again, this doesn't need to be due to sex. Although I'd like to think that would happen. But I miss the sense of touch, the feeling of skin on skin, the sensation of cuddling, and the feeling that there's nothing to do and all day to do it. And the best way to celebrate this freedom? Cuddling. Naked. On top of a bed. Just enjoying that.

Because, when it comes down to it, that's what summer really should be all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment