Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mwah!

I was kissed once at university in my first year.

I kissed plenty of people at university - on the cheek, on the hand, on the shoulder - and because of my well-established status as non-threatening boy, nobody seemed to mind. Plus, for the first few weeks of university I was still in a relationship with Rebecca, and due to the fact that I danced like Tim Booth I was well-observed on the dancefloor. I was secure enough with who I was at the time that my affectionate nature was well-known, and so random hugs, kisses on the hand or the occasional sexy dance didn't seem totally out-of-place. This continued into the final two-thirds of my first year, when I continued to go clubbing as a single man, but had missed any chance of forming a romantic, or even sexual, relationship by this point, but then again, I was an ILB.

But after a few weeks at university, I was sitting in the union bar on one of our Friday-night-loud-music club nights, tired a little from throwing shapes on the dance floor, and clutching a Coke in my right hand. I was, for some reason, facing the wall, rather than the table, and a thin, attractive girl waltzed over to me.

"Excuse me?" she said. And, before waiting for a reply, "can I kiss you?"
I blinked.
"Just... kiss you. On the lips. Just quickly, on the lips, please?"
I blinked again. And then I realised that I was being pretty stupid.
"Okay," I said.
She leaned forward and gave me a peck on the lips. I kissed back, swiftly, making the "mwah" sound because it seemed like the right thing to do. I wasn't sure if that was what she wanted - but it was all I was willing to do; I was aware, at this point, that Rebecca was cheating on me, but I was still in a relationship with her, and I didn't really think a random pretty girl would come over for a full snog without good reason. She put another swift kiss on my lips, and then smiled.
"Thanks!" she said, and then quickly drifted away. I took half a glance after her, and watched as she joined a guy at the bar and started a conversation.

It occurred to me later on that this may have been a dare. I didn't know who she was and she didn't know who I was, and it was too premediatated and quick to be a random university snog. So I still don't know exactly why it happened, but I'm betting that whichever guy at the bar she was talking to had dared her to go and kiss someone who looked either lonely or not particularly attractive. Or both. And he'd buy her a drink.

At least, that's what my brain tells me was happening. If there's a more viable explanation, I'd like to hear it! But I guess I never will, though, right?...

1 comment:

  1. [Download] $12,234 in 2 months Betting Robot?

    Let me get it right.

    I dont care about sports. Shame on me but I dont even know the basketball rules.

    I tried EVERYTHING from FOREX & stocks to internet systems and affiliate products.. I even made some money but then blew it all when the stock market went south.

    I think I finally found it. Grab It Now!

    ReplyDelete