Thursday, November 26, 2009

School Belle

"I really have to work on our call girl system," said the receptionist at work.

There was a very short pause.

"Excuse me?" I said as I whipped around. Our receptionist is a cool black guy, with a crazy manner but very suave personality, always ready with a joke, a quip, or a holler of his catchphrase ("Do some work!"). Had it been anyone else, I would have been more confused.
"Yes?" he enquired.
"You did just say call girl system, didn't you?"
"No, mate," he grinned. "I was talking about our bell system. The bell that rings, you know?"

Bell... rings... rings... Belle?

Sorry, mind wandered somewhere there.

"Oh," I laughed with something halfway between relief and amusement. "I thought you said..."
"CALL GIRLS!" he cut across my sentence. "Yeah! Let's get the call girls in!" He bounced happily on the spot.

You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment