Saturday, September 12, 2009

Let's talk about sex

So, it seems as if my father isn't the only one who can make explicit references to sex. My mother has always appeared rather strait-laced and won't really mention sex, preferring instead to stop short of saying the words and leaving one hanging perpetually in the world of unfinshed sentences, and I hate it when people do

My mother confused me today twice. The first time she gave me a hug and told me she loved me; this is usually a cue to turn around and start running as fast as you can, because she's either about to ask you to do something or stab you in the back (the latter is, I suspect, a more common event).

The second time was a little more odd. For very little reason at all, she started talking to me about the possibility of volunteering to help out at sexual health clinics. I'd mentioned sexual health in passing before, while talking about areas of the health system that need improvement (Barack Obama's doing his best for America, so us lucky UK-ers have to provide a good example, yes?), but this has planted a seed in my mother's mind. Maybe she's forgotten that I'm at college as well as being in training for a job: ergo, I don't have unlimited leisure time. Ay me.

Anyway, she sent me an e-mail with a link in it to click if I were at all interested. I am, but I haven't clicked it yet because I'm a lazy-ass.
"Link to sex!" read the e-mail subject. Hmmm, I wonder if, having read that, anyone else is thinking Zelda Rule 34? Anyway, that's probably the first time she's ever put the word in writing. Yikes!

Also, incidentally, I took a chlamydia test today. I'm 100% sure I don't have chlamydia, and neither does TD. But I thought I might as well, if only to support the scheme the NHS is rolling out. And, anyway, it gave me something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment