Thursday, April 16, 2009

Literati

I woke up this morning in my girlfriend's bed. She wasn't in it; allegedly, she had been uncomfortable (presumably with my HUGE BULK taking up so much space), and went to sleep on the sofa. This is my fault as I said we should have been snuggling in her minuscule bed rather than the handly double-sofa-bed that we usually occupy. Anyway, for whatever reason, I woke up a little alone but soon found her. It was very odd, I woke up immediately from a dream - can't remember what the dream was about but it involves a fictional journey to Leicester that I've had in a dream before - so that I physically lifted my head and the picture immediately cut from the bus to the bedroom, like instantaneous teleportation from the Dark World to the Light World.

It wasn't much of a visit - more of a flying overnight trip with cocktails somehow involved, followed by pizza - but at least I was glad to be there, for a while at least. I saw her off to work and then her mother drove me back to the house, wherein I sheltered from the torrential rain and checked Facebook for a while before decidable I really out to get home. While casually stealing a drink from her fridge, I noticed that her name was spelled out in magnetic letters. It has been for a while, actually. But on its own? Dude, that just ain't right.

Painstakingly, on my knees, I rearranged the letters and carefully spelled out - i l o v e y o u l o t s - which I placed underneath her name. There, I thought, that's an improvement.

I've been sent a picture of it on my phone, so I'm assuming she approves, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment