Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ignorance is bliss

"I don't understand this job," my mother said, after I foolishly agreed to letting her trawl the job sites looking for something for me to do. It's Saturday, my dear. My mother doesn't understand many things, including 1337 5p34k, so I wasn't surprised when I took a perfunctory glance at the screen and saw that it was a job with internet stuff.
"Go ahead, send it," I said without enthusiasm. "I'll apply, on account of the fact that I've got, as the ad states, an Internet presence that's more than just Facebook."
"Have you?" my mother responded, with a note of surprise in her voice.

I USE FACEBOOK
I USE MYSPACE
I USE YOUTUBE
I USE TWITTER
I USE BLOGGER
I USE FORMSPRING
I USE LIVEJOURNAL
I USE WORDPRESS
I USE FRIENDSTER

I have two blogs, one of which is read by at least a hundred people per week! I have seven websites, one of which has won awards and been updated regularly for over ten years!

"Well, how am I suppose to know that?" my mother spat.
"I've been doing this stuff since I was twelve!" I replied.

But at least this means I don't have to worry about her finding out that I write a sex blog. Nice to know she doesn't really pay that much attention after all.

Funny thing is, she teaches IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment