Monday, May 24, 2010

Been there, done that.

I was there when my girlfriend's parents sat down in the Sheldonian Theatre.

I was there when she went up and got talked to in Latin.

I was there when she, N and E threw their mortar-boards into the air. I was videoing it.

I was there when we had a meal that evening, and I was there when she felt ill and left. I was there when I returned to her house before the rest of the family, so I could be with her.

I was there throughout a very hot, very long night.

I was there when I took a rail replacement coach journey. I was hot on that, too.

I was there when I eventually got home yesterday and felt something was missing.

I was there during our conversation last night.

I was there when I was at work today.

I am here now.
She is not here.

I want to hug her, naked, on my (our?) bed, while we swelter in the hot hot heat. Needless to say, she isn't here, so I can't do that.

But at least I can say I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment