Monday, March 30, 2009

Fetish, man

Eugh... I'm really ill. Like, really really ill insofar as the fact that I'm a little bit ill, but I'm male and sensitive so I inevitably think the worst... "Oh my Glod, I'm coughing and I'm shivering a bit... I have BRONCHITIS, quickly, hide me from the world or I'll infect you all!" In reality, it is probably man flu, but it didn't stop me from waking up at 5am yesterday morning feeling like I was a wet dog in the Arctic, despite my skin radiating the kind of heat that you only get from a particularly horny rabbit.

This stopped me (well, actually my girlfriend stopped me, but I agreed with her) from doing the gig I was going to do, but it didn't stop us from having sex, which was some of the best sex I've ever had, except that afterwards I felt myself slowly burn up from the inside. I was reborn from the ashes almost instantaneously, so I don't think she noticed. It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

In the gestation perod of the crippling disease, we made it along to the BEAST known as the UK Web & Mini Comix Thing 2009, something have been to for three years running and so I went along this year, naturally forgetting to either wear my badges or buy a new one for this year. So much for the badge collection; good one, ILB. Anyway, we bought a load of comics (so much for the savings; good one, ILB) and went to the pub for lunch (so much for the diet; good one, ILB). Among our purchases, however, and by far the most value-for-money, was the first eight issues of Fetishman for a mere £8 (there's a correlation there somewhat).

And this took me back to the glory days of the small, warm and very red underbelly of Coffee, Cake and Kink which I now realise I'm missing a little more than I actually should. Despite the website boasting proudly, "
Soon back in Central London!", I have to admit to remaining slightly cynical of this fact, and although you can buy C, C and K from the site itself, it's hardly the same as just popping down to Covent Garden and visiting the place, which made for a good afternoon's date / hang-out (whatever you want to call it), and at the moment we're trying to think of something to do tomorrow afternoon. CCK plugged that gap for the slightly sexually inclined people who can't afford to go to Liberty for afternoon tea...

...hang on, Liberty for afternoon tea, there's an idea... now, if only I dressed up as Fetishman and turned up like that... I'd be guaranteed a seat!

Oh, and one more thing: I joined Twitter. This way I can keep people updated with my new, hectic lifestyle. That, and I wouldn't be a proper geek without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment